[rdo-dev] Graphite and Grafana in RDO-Cloud

Wesley Hayutin whayutin at redhat.com
Fri Jan 5 17:13:41 UTC 2018

Greetings,

At the end of 2017, a number of the upstream multinode scenario jobs
started to run over our required deployment times [1].  In an effort to
better understand the performance of the deployment and CI the tripleo
cores requested that a Graphite and Grafana server be stood up such that we
can analyze the core issues more effectively.

There is a certain amount of urgency with the issue as our upstream
coverage is impacted.  The TripleO-CI team is working on the deployment of
both tools in a dev-ops style in RDO-Cloud this sprint.  Nothing yet has
been deployed.

The TripleO CI team is also working with upstream infra to send metric and
data to the upstream Graphite and Grafana servers.  It is not clear yet if
we have permission or access to the upstream tools.

I wanted to publically announce this work to the RDO infra community to
inform and to gather any feedback anyone may have.  There are two scopes of
work here, the initial tooling to stand up the infra and the longer term
maintenance of the tools.  Perhaps there are plans to build these into RDO
SF already.. etc.

Please reply with your comments and concerns.
Thank you!

[1]
https://github.com/openstack-infra/tripleo-ci/commit/7a2edf70eccfc7002d26fd1ce1eef803ce8d0ba8