[rdo-dev] ship DLRN and rdopkg

Cédric Jeanneret cjeanner at redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 07:58:45 UTC 2018

On 08/15/2018 08:32 PM, Wesley Hayutin wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Upstream TripleO does not use EPEL by design.  Currently the rpms to
> install dlrn and rdopkg are shipped in EPEL.
> Any thoughts on making this work so we can install the two rpms vs. pip
> install?
> Would it be possible to ship dlrn and rdopkg in the dlrn-deps repo?
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1787244

Another solution would be actually activate EPEL, and limit its packages
- had to do that in order to get the Let's Encrypt stack on my deploy.
Few months ago, I even proposed a way to activate EPEL with limited
subset of packages - it was refused due to the "non-EPEL" policy, but
maybe it can be reconsidered?
Why re-package things that are available elsewhere? ;)

Cheers,

C.