[rdo-list] RDO-Infra Sprint meeting - Sep 25

Arx Cruz arxcruz at redhat.com
Tue Sep 26 14:52:57 UTC 2017

Hello,

Here’s the highlights from TripleO CI Squad meeting from September 25

As many of you are aware, we are changing the way the team work, and
instead of each member work on their own silo, we are now focused on work
together to solve one epic task that will involve all the members. In other
words, to work as a real team.

We are also adopting the Ruck and Rover methodologie, where every week one
person will be responsible for monitoring the TripleO and RDO CI and
reporting issues, releasing the rest of the team of this duty in order to
focus on improvements in our CI. You can read more about Ruck and Rover
here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruckman_(Australian_rules_football)

We are going to work on sprints of one week each one, however, for this
particular sprint, we are going to work on that for two weeks, since this
is the first one and we are experimenting how things will go on.

   -

   Roles
   -

      The Ruck and the Rover will be responsible for any CI problems, so if
      you have anything related to CI, please contact them. The rest
of the team
      will work on the sprint
      -

         Ruck
         -

            Wes Hayutin
            -

               Gael 9/26 and 9/27
               -

         Rover
         -

            John Trowbridge
            -

   Team
   -

      Arx Cruz
      -

      Ronelle Landy
      -

      Attila Darazs
      -

      Gabriele Cerami
      -

      Sagi Shnaidman
      -

      Gael Chamoulaud
      -

      Matt Young
      -

   Scrum
   -

      We are going to have daily “automatic” scrum, where each member of
      the team will write on
      https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ci-squad-scrum what they are
      doing, what they are planning next, and any blocks. We will also have two
      quickly meetings per week to discuss and review the tasks.
      -

   For this sprint
   -

      After review the proposed topics from the UA, the team voted to work
      on utilizing the DLRN api across TripleO and RDO to report job status and
      promotions. The reason was that this is a good exercise to the whole team
      get knowledge about DLRN and also the perfect timing since we are between
      releases, and this will be required for future tasks that we
have in queue.
      -

      The epic task with more information can be found here
      https://trello.com/c/5FnfGByl/334-base-the-promotion-pipeline-of-upstream-phase1-and-phase2-on-dlrn-api-dlrn-links-containers-and-images
      -

      Tasks can be found in both the trelo card above, or in the TripleO Ci
      Squad trello board using the filter by label “Sprint 1 (Sep 25 - Oct 10)”
      or clicking in this link here
      https://trello.com/b/U1ITy0cu/tripleo-ci-squad?menu=filter&filter=label:Sprint%201%20%20(Sept%2025%20-%20Oct%2010)

If you have any questions, suggestions please let us know. Your feedback is
very important to us!

Kind regards,

Arx Cruz