[rdo-list] [CentOS-devel] [Minutes] RDO meeting - 2017-09-13

Haïkel Guémar hguemar at redhat.com
Wed Sep 13 19:56:28 UTC 2017

On 13/09/17 18:34, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Chandan kumar <chkumar246 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> * Using the CentOS extras Ansible  (chandankumar, 15:35:10)
>
> There was some discussion here about ceph-ansible requiring Ansible
> 2.3.2, and how CentOS Extras only includes Ansible 2.3.1.

RDO can be more aggressive with updates but we try to stay as close as
possible from RHEL/CentOS base repositories.
2.3.2 allows us to test against next Ansible release and it will only be
in -testing for now. We might decide to stick with 2.3.1 in -release repo.

> I wasn't aware of the specific Ansible 2.3.2 requirement. Can you
> share more details? Should we update the "(Build)Requires: ansible >=
> 2.2.0.0" lines in ceph-ansible.spec?

For now, keep it to 2.3.1, when CentOS extras will get updated 2.3.2
will be fine.