[rdo-list] RPM (minimum version) dependencies (pike)

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 1 20:10:33 UTC 2017

> Experimenting with upgrading RDO Ocata to Pike in my lab, and have run
> into a couple of RPM minimum version dependency issues.

Thanks for your quick feedback, it's much appreciated.

> 1) neutron-server and agents fail to start, with:
>
> # neutron-server
> Guru meditation now registers SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 by default for
> backward compatibility. SIGUSR1 will no longer be registered in a
> future release, so please use SIGUSR2 to generate reports.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/neutron-server", line 6, in <module>
>     from neutron.cmd.eventlet.server import main
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/neutron/cmd/eventlet/__init__.py",
> line 15, in <module>
>     eventlet_utils.monkey_patch()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/neutron/common/eventlet_utils.py",
> line 25, in monkey_patch
>     p_c_e = importutils.import_module('pyroute2.config.asyncio')
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/oslo_utils/importutils.py",
> line 73, in import_module
>     __import__(import_str)
> ImportError: No module named asyncio

Ok, I need to look into that. asyncio is a py3 thing only, it
shouldn't appear at runtime.

> I have:
>
> # rpm -q python2-pyroute2
> python2-pyroute2-0.4.8-1.el7.noarch
>
> which meets the dependency:
>
> # rpm -qR python-neutron-11.0.0-1.el7.noarch | grep pyroute2
> python-pyroute2 >= 0.4.3
>

> but the latest version (in the openstack-pike repo) is 0.4.19 (and
> neutron works after explicitly updating to that). Seems that the
> "Requires" in python-neutron needs to be bumped up.

Ok, if you have a RDO gerrit account, you may submit the change directly

> 2) Horizon fails to start due to https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1701765
>
> Per comments in that bug, python-XStatic-Bootstrap-SCSS >= 3.3.7.1 is
> required., but we have:
>
> # rpm -qR openstack-dashboard-12.0.0-1.el7.noarch | grep SCSS
> python-XStatic-Bootstrap-SCSS
>

> So it seems that the minimum version needs to be added to that "Requires".
>
> I can file a bug (or two) on this if it'd be helpful... ?
>
>     ~iain

Yes, assign me => hguemar AT redhat DOT org
You can also submit changes directly where you see fit :)

Regards,
H.