[rdo-dev] Removing mongodb from RDO

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Tue Nov 28 09:08:59 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 1:36 AM, Donny Davis <donny at fortnebula.com> wrote:
> Isn’t tripleo still using mongo?

It's been disabled by default for a while[1] but a couple of places
still reference it, most notably it's still the default backend for
Zaqar in the overcloud.

Work is ongoing to switch that to redis, and I reached out to therve
who is working on that to check the status, he says:

"Technically it's still the default for Zaqar, but we do support Swift
and Redis now, and Redis should probably be the new default. We don't
require Mongo anymore (and never really supported it really well). so
it can be dropped."

Also note that Zaqar is only tested in CI with swift as a backend[2],
so I'd suggest we make the switch to redis as the default then ensure
it is tested in CI, and deprecate then remove support for Mongo from
TripleO.

Thanks!

Steve

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/466265/