[rdo-list] Gluster and Cinder

Christopher Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Wed May 31 13:56:02 UTC 2017

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-May/031223.html

Looks like lack of CI.

IBM went through this with the GPFS/Spectrum Scale driver around the time
of the Tokyo summit.

It seems the Cinder folks need to communicate to driver developers a little
better (by their own admission it looks like) rather than just adding a
deprecation flag. Or maybe developers need to pay more attention to the
driver code they are supposd to maintain, whichever your point of view.

On 31 May 2017 at 14:10, Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com> wrote:

> Our friends over in the Gluster project have mentioned that Gluster has
> been removed from Cinder, without any real notice to the Gluster
> community, and they're struggling to figure out what the implications of
> this are.
>
> One question they had was whether anyone is using Gluster with RDO, and
> I was hoping for some response here.
>
> I also pointed them to the OpenStack User Survey -
> https://www.openstack.org/assets/survey/April2017SurveyReport.pdf -
> which has a number of 6% on page 53, for Gluster on Cinder.
>
> Finally, I wonder if anyone here was involved in the discussion that led
> to Gluster being dropped from Cinder, and can give some insight as to
> why that happened?
>
> --Rich
>
> --
> Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com