[rdo-list] Gluster and Cinder

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Wed May 31 13:10:26 UTC 2017

Our friends over in the Gluster project have mentioned that Gluster has
been removed from Cinder, without any real notice to the Gluster
community, and they're struggling to figure out what the implications of
this are.

One question they had was whether anyone is using Gluster with RDO, and
I was hoping for some response here.

I also pointed them to the OpenStack User Survey -
https://www.openstack.org/assets/survey/April2017SurveyReport.pdf -
which has a number of 6% on page 53, for Gluster on Cinder.

Finally, I wonder if anyone here was involved in the discussion that led
to Gluster being dropped from Cinder, and can give some insight as to
why that happened?

--Rich

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
RDO Community Liaison