[rdo-list] Failures when trying to set up OpenStack Ocata all-in-one with Packstack

Boris Derzhavets bderzhavets at hotmail.com
Fri May 12 16:05:50 UTC 2017

From: David Moreau Simard <dms at redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 5:21 PM
To: Boris Derzhavets
Cc: Neal Gompa; rdo-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [rdo-list] Failures when trying to set up OpenStack Ocata all-in-one with Packstack

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 5:21 AM, Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets at hotmail.com<mailto:bderzhavets at hotmail.com>> wrote:
I cannot believe that the most recent Ocata trunk "current passed ci"
won't work for packstack, unless you have made some serious changes
vs RDO Newton packaging  design.

Packstack is part of the testing pipeline that promotes trunk repositories to "current-passed-ci", if the one of the three Packstack integration tests [1] failed, it would not have been promoted.

I feel some confusion. You, actually, confirm that :-

# yum install yum-plugin-priorities -y

# curl -o /etc/yum.repos.d/delorean-ocata.repo \
https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-ocata/current-passed-ci/delorean.repo

<https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-ocata/current-passed-ci/delorean.repo># curl -o /etc/yum.repos.d/delorean-deps-ocata.repo \
<https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-ocata/current-passed-ci/delorean.repo>https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-ocata/delorean-deps.repo

should be correct usage of trunks for packstack deployment , which picks up
the most recent updates from upstream Ocata Stable.

At the same time you advise against using trunks for deployment  via packstack
regardless they are standard TripleO QuickStart set up the undrercloud  before
running overcloud deployment.

Seems like I cannot properly understand why you advise against trunks ?
I might be unaware of changes in RDO happened since Newton's times,
when another URLs were used for same purpose.
I apologize in advance if i am asking stupid questions.

Thank you once again.
Boris.

[1]: https://github.com/openstack/packstack#packstack-integration-tests

David Moreau Simard