[rdo-list] [TripleO] Setting NeutronBridgeMappings just for compute nodes in NFV deployment

Samuel Monderer smonderer at vasonanetworks.com
Thu Mar 30 14:59:42 UTC 2017

Hi,

I would like to test my VNF on an openstack environment deployed using
TripleO.
For that I need to setup flat provider networks that go only to the compute
node.
I tried deploying an overcoud with additional neutron bridge mappings as
following

   - Added NeutronBridgeMappings:
   " datacentre:br-ex,physdown;br-down,physup:br-up" to network environment
   file
   - Added following resources to compute.yaml file

            -
              type: ovs_bridge
              name: br-down
              mtu: 9000
              members:
                -
                  type: interface
                  name: ens4f0
                  # force the MAC address of the bridge to this interface
                  primary: true
            -
              type: ovs_bridge
              name: br-up
              mtu: 9000
              members:
                -
                  type: interface
                  name: ens4f1
                  # force the MAC address of the bridge to this interface
                  primary: true

This will create the intended OVS bridges on the the compute node with the
interfaces connected.

The unwanted side effect it that ii also created the bridges on the
controller node without any interfaces connected to it

Is there a way to have the undercloud create the bridges only on the
compute nodes and not on the controller nodes???

Samuel