[rdo-list] rpmlint gate

Frederic Lepied flepied at redhat.com
Tue Mar 28 07:51:03 UTC 2017

Hi,

An rpmlint gate has been put in place on the rpm-master branch of all the
distgit projects in review.rdoproject.org. This gate on the check pipeline
(before merging and review) is in voting mode now. It compares the rpmlint
reports on the built packages with the ones from the last current DLRN
repository and if the number of reports is greater than the previous ones
it prevents the change from passing.

New packages or addition/removal of sub-packages do not affect the gating
process.

It can happen that some legitimate rpmlint reports are introduced by
upstream changes and in this case we have an exception mechanism that can
be used to avoid blocking packages with legitimate reports. The exception
mechanism is embedded in the job definition so just do a change proposition
on the jobs/DLRN.yaml file in the config repository (
https://review.rdoproject.org/r/gitweb?p=config.git;a=blob;f=jobs/DLRN.yaml#l104
).

Let me know if there is any problem with this gate.
--
Fred - May the Source be with you