[rdo-list] RDO-CI Scrum Weekly Scrum Recap

Ronelle Landy rlandy at redhat.com
Mon Jun 5 20:32:16 UTC 2017

Greetings All,

Links to the RDO-CI team scrum etherpad [1] and recording [2] from this
week's meeting are below.

Highlights:

 - Review meetings
    - See the review meetings etherpad [3]
    - There is one review left for arx:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/423340/ - Send mail tool
    - We will line up the next two topics requiring a review meeting
    - For reviews that don't show in current gates, submitter must paste
output of test results
    - We need a way to prioritize reviews - should explore some suggestions
from other teams - adarazs to decide

 - RDO cloud
    - openstack-nodepool tenant and user is setup and available
    - sent out temp password
    - infra setup for openstack-nodepool tenant status
    - Two Trello cards logging work to be done

 - Review list
    - will include only* reviews *** for discussion ****

 - OOO bootcamp summary ( panda )
    - new user experience - first day went well. all deployments succeeded
- most using virt, some OVB
    - second day had some issues with deployments
      configuration side - 3 controllers 1 compute - difficult to tell new
users where to modify
      rdocloud failed - wanted different network isolation - not easy to
figure out the change
      There is a fine line between what quickstart is doing and what and
tripleo is doing
      quickstart is the first tool we show new users - not easy to rerun
certain parts of the deployment
      We focus mainly on the ci part - not really user experience. people
wanted to rerun certain parts - rasca has some comment - can't select parts
of the playbook
      Users want to make arguments for quickstart available to devmode -
feed back new requirements on devmode
      AI - we will add bug triage meeting for devmode design feedback

 - oooq transition phase 3 status
   Thursday meeting will discuss this

 - Containers in checkgates status
   Thursday meeting will cover this

 - Environment configuration - design  proposal ( weshay )
   - See [4] for review and [5] for example
   - Add comments to the review

[1] - https://review.rdoproject.org/etherpad/p/rdo-infra-scrum
[2] - https://bluejeans.com/s/TG0tk/
[3] - https://review.rdoproject.org/etherpad/p/rdoci-review-process