[rdo-list] Widespread CI failures - setuptools: No module named 'six'

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Thu Jun 1 02:39:26 UTC 2017

Hi,

Just FYI, I've started seeing widespread CI failures across
review.rdoproject.org and ci.centos.org, usually with tox failing to
initialize the virtual environment with something that looks like the
following:

===
[...]
02:14:30     File
"/home/jenkins/workspace/gate-rdo-infra-role-ansible-lint/ansible-lint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/command/install_scripts.py",
line 17, in run
02:14:30       import setuptools.command.easy_install as ei
02:14:30     File
"/home/jenkins/workspace/gate-rdo-infra-role-ansible-lint/ansible-lint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py",
line 49, in <module>
02:14:30       from setuptools.py27compat import rmtree_safe
02:14:30     File
"/home/jenkins/workspace/gate-rdo-infra-role-ansible-lint/ansible-lint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/py27compat.py",
line 7, in <module>
02:14:30       import six
02:14:30   ImportError: No module named six
[...]
===

This is documented in an upstream setuptools issue [1] with a pull
request for the fix here [2].
This is affecting setuptools v36.0.0.

Since they're already on the case and are likely to release a fix
quickly, I'm not going to start submitting workarounds everywhere but
keep in mind that you might need to recheck patches and things like
that.

[1]: https://github.com/pypa/setuptools/issues/1042
[2]: https://github.com/pypa/setuptools/pull/1043

David Moreau Simard