[rdo-list] [rdo] How does upgrades/hotfix scenarios work after integrating with RDO?

Dnyaneshwar Pawar Dnyaneshwar.Pawar at veritas.com
Mon Jul 17 15:18:30 UTC 2017

Forgot to mention that related package is added via https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/q/topic:add-puppet-veritas_hyperscale

Thanks,
Dnyaneshwar

From: Dnyaneshwar Pawar <Dnyaneshwar.Pawar at veritas.com>
Date: Monday, July 17, 2017 at 8:32 PM
To: "rdo-list at redhat.com" <rdo-list at redhat.com>
Subject: [rdo] How does upgrades/hotfix scenarios work after integrating with RDO?

Hi RDO Experts,

I am trying to understand how does upgrades/hotfix scenarios work after integrating with RDO.

Assuming that we will have single puppet-veritas_hyperscale<https://github.com/vtas-hyperscale-ci/puppet-veritas_hyperscale> for Pike, Queens etc...
From IRC discussion (Thanks to amoralej.), I understand that we need to create branches for different releases as mentioned in branching document<https://www.rdoproject.org/documentation/branching/>. Will also have to align our release schedule to that of RDO.

Following points are not clear to me.
Senario 1:
Say, post Pike if we want to add bug fix to puppet-veritas_hyperscale, what should be the procedure to upgrade/apply fix where, customer has already configured veritas_hyperscale on top of Pike?

Scenario 2:
puppet-veritas_hyperscale is not supported on Ocata. If customer upgrades from Ocata to Pike, puppet-veritas_hyperscale should be available to customer.
How does this gets handled?

Senario 3:
Customer upgrades from Pike to Queens. Would puppet-veritas_hypersclae be available to customer automatically?

Thanks,
Dnyaneshwar