[rdo-list] RDO-CI Scrum Weekly Scrum Recap

Ronelle Landy rlandy at redhat.com
Fri Jul 14 16:15:06 UTC 2017

Greetings All,

The links to the RDO-CI team scrum etherpad [1] from this week's meeting is
below:

Highlights:

 - Restoring tags in the main playbooks (rasca)
   Discussion on whether [2] can this coexist with the split main playbook
review [3]
   Split playbook solution is preferred

 - Tempest periodic jobs (master)
    Was 40 now 3 failures
    Status page - [4]
    Automatically update the skip list [5]
    Next: containers job on master running tempest

- Periodic job transition to RDO software factory

  OVB challenges:
   - not admin
   - no shared networks
   - flavors different
   - dns failures
  (Note since meeting: have had successful run with multinode and OVB [6]
[7] - reviews waiting for merge)

   - Delorean API
   For ci.centos weirdo jobs - have server upload status of each run (in
trello card)
   We need a tool (possibly python) the polls delorean server and knows
which jobs are required to pass each hash
   Requirements for delorean api:
    - (myoung) wants promotion from rdophase2 to use the same tool
    - images/hash - must check images are good before promoting
      myoung is caching images locally - try deal with deleting old images
- clean up otherwise we run out of space
    - We need some way to query when did we promote and what was the hash?
event based (vs. requirement to poll api) would be a nice to have (rss?)

 - Validations status and next review meeting
    Will book a second meeting on  Monday next week

  - Multinic status
    Stable release support is still WIP
    Master should work, need reviews on [8]
    modulo bug breaking master-tripleo-ci fixed by [9]

 - Migrate containers-undercloud job
   This needs to be done to help save space on infra servers [10]

 - FYI.. new sova URL [11]

[1] - https://review.rdoproject.org/etherpad/p/rdo-infra-scrum
[2] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/473491/
[3] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/475813/