[rdo-list] Fwd: [CentOS-devel] [Infra] - Pre-announced major outage for several services (please read)

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Fri Jan 27 22:44:18 UTC 2017

FYI

David Moreau Simard

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>
Date: Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 9:03 AM
Subject: [CentOS-devel] [Infra] - Pre-announced major outage for
several services (please read)

Due to some reorganization at the DC/Cage level, we'll have to
shutdown/move/reconfigure a big part of our hosted infra for the
following services :
- cbs.centos.org (Koji)
- accounts.centos.org (auth backend)
- ci.centos.org (jenkins-driven CI environment)

We're working on a plan to minimize the downtime/reconfiguration part,
but at first sight, due to the hardware move of the racks/recabling
parts/etc, the announced downtime will be probably ~48h.

What does that mean ? That during this window, nobody will be able to
build/tests packages, nor be able to triggers automatically CI jobs
(important).

We don't have the final dates confirmed (yet) but it seems that the
migration will be scheduled for March 14th.

We'll keep you informed when we'll have confirmation about those dates.

Feel free to answer in this thread, or find us in #centos-devel on freenode.

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab