[rdo-list] Recent RDO blog posts

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 15:45:01 UTC 2017

There have been a number of great blog posts from the community over the
last few weeks:

Making sure your Gerrit changes aren't broken by Lars Kellogg-Stedman

It's a bit of an embarrassment when you submit a review to Gerrit only
to have it fail CI checks immediately because of something as simple as
a syntax error or pep8 failure that you should have caught yourself
before submitting…but you forgot to run your validations before
submitting the change.

Read more at http://tm3.org/de

On communities: Trading off our values… Sometimes by Flavio Percoco

Not long ago I wrote about how much emotions matter in every community.
In that post I explained the importance of emotions, how they affect our
work and why I believe they are relevant for pretty much everything we
do. Emotions matter is a post quite focused on how we can affect, with
our actions, other people's emotional state.

Read more at http://tm3.org/df

9 tips to properly configure your OpenStack Instance by Marko Myllynen

In OpenStack jargon, an Instance is a Virtual Machine, the guest
workload. It boots from an operating system image, and it is configured
with a certain amount of CPU, RAM and disk space, amongst other
parameters such as networking or security settings.

Read more at http://tm3.org/dg

Writing RPM macro for OpenStack by chandankumar

RPM macro is a short string, always prefixed by % and generally
surrounded by curly brackets ({}) which RPM will convert to a different
and usually longer string. Some macros can take arguments and some can
be quite complex.

Read more at http://tm3.org/dc

TripleO deep dive session #7 (Undercloud - TripleO UI) by Carlos Camacho

This is the seven release of the TripleO “Deep Dive” sessions

Read more at http://tm3.org/db

Installing the TripleO UI by Carlos Camacho

This is a brief recipe to use or install TripleO UI in the Undercloud.

Read more at http://tm3.org/dd

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
RDO Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org