[rdo-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: TripleO Deployment in KVM Virtual Lab

Dnyaneshwar Pawar Dnyaneshwar.Pawar at veritas.com
Mon Dec 4 11:07:23 UTC 2017

Hi Pradeep,

Along with the points Ramon mentioned, you may also want to go through -
Configuration options https://docs.openstack.org/ironic/latest/admin/drivers/ipmitool.html
Configuring the node in ironic https://docs.openstack.org/ironic/latest/install/enrollment.html#creating-a-node
How to leverage virtualbmc http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/virtualbmc/tree/doc/source/user/index.rst

Regards,
Dnyaneshwar

On 12/4/17, 3:47 PM, "dev on behalf of Ramon Acedo" <dev-bounces at lists.rdoproject.org on behalf of ramon at linux-labs.net> wrote:

    > On 4 Dec 2017, at 11:04, Pradeep Antil <pradeepantil at gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > ++ rhos-dev
    >
    > On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 3:31 PM, Pradeep Antil <pradeepantil at gmail.com> wrote:
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I am trying to deploy tripleO in my KVM virtual environment. while importing the nodes in undercloud or director i am getting the following error:
    >
    > (undercloud) [stack at director ~]$ openstack baremetal import --json antil/instak.json
    > This command is deprecated. Please use "openstack overcloud node import" to register nodes instead.
    > Started Mistral Workflow tripleo.baremetal.v1.register_or_update. Execution ID: dff34178-905a-4865-9895-69d1d371d888
    > Waiting for messages on queue 'tripleo' with no timeout.
    > Invalid node data: unknown pm_type (ironic driver to use): pxe_ssh
    > {u'status': u'FAILED', u'message': u'Invalid node data: unknown pm_type (ironic driver to use): pxe_ssh', u'result': None}
    > Exception registering nodes: {u'status': u'FAILED', u'message': u'Invalid node data: unknown pm_type (ironic driver to use): pxe_ssh', u'result': None}
    > (undercloud) [stack at director ~]$
    >
    > It seems like pxe_ssh ironic driver is not enabled, can anyone tell me how to enable this driver. My deployment is got stuck because of their error.

    Although you can probably still enable pxe_ssh in ironic.conf using the config option “enabled_drivers” you probably want to try vbmc [1] since pxe_ssh was deprecated in Ocata [2]

    [1] https://docs.openstack.org/tripleo-docs/latest/install/environments/virtualbmc.html
    [2] https://docs.openstack.org/tripleo-docs/latest/install/environments/baremetal.html#ironic-drivers

    Ramon