[rdo-dev] TripleO Deployment in KVM Virtual Lab

Pradeep Antil pradeepantil at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 10:01:39 UTC 2017

Hi Folks,

I am trying to deploy tripleO in my KVM virtual environment. while
importing the nodes in undercloud or director i am getting the following
error:

(undercloud) [stack at director ~]$ openstack baremetal import --json
antil/instak.json
This command is deprecated. Please use "openstack overcloud node import" to
register nodes instead.
Started Mistral Workflow tripleo.baremetal.v1.register_or_update. Execution
ID: dff34178-905a-4865-9895-69d1d371d888
Waiting for messages on queue 'tripleo' with no timeout.
*Invalid node data: unknown pm_type (ironic driver to use): pxe_ssh*
{u'status': u'FAILED', u'message': u'Invalid node data: unknown pm_type
(ironic driver to use): pxe_ssh', u'result': None}
Exception registering nodes: {u'status': u'FAILED', u'message': u'Invalid
node data: unknown pm_type (ironic driver to use): pxe_ssh', u'result':
None}
(undercloud) [stack at director ~]$

It seems like pxe_ssh ironic driver is not enabled, can anyone tell me how
to enable this driver. My deployment is got stuck because of their error.

*Below is the my setup:*

   - KVM hypervisor = CentOS 7 ( 152 GB RAM, 72 CPU and 1 TB disk) & Nested
   virtualization enabled
   - Director or Under Cloud VM = CentOS 7 ( 40 GB RAM, 12 VPCU and 200 GB
   HDD)
   - Three other VMs are also created for overcloud , compute1, compute2 &
   Controller.
   - Two VLAN are used - External (NAT) and Provision ( Host only Network)

Thanks in advance !!!!

--
Best Regards
Pradeep Kumar