[rdo-list] DLRN builder migration to the RDO Cloud on August 16

Javier Pena javier.pena at redhat.com
Thu Aug 10 01:37:45 UTC 2017

Hi,

As discussed during the RDO meeting today, we want to migrate the DLRN builder instance to the RDO Cloud next week. This migration will give us higher performance for builds, and also tighter integration of the different components inside the RDO Cloud.

The plan is outlined in [1], and it will involve a one-by-one migration of each of the workers.

We are planning to start the migration on August 16. About the impact:

- No new builds will happen while the worker repos are rsynced to the new server (that can be a few hours). Repos will always remain available via trunk.rdoproject.org.
- The DNS entry for trunk-primary.rdoproject.org will be moved, we need to make sure jobs using it do not use the old IP address, and work fine after the migration.

If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Javier

[1] - https://review.rdoproject.org/etherpad/p/DLRN-builder-migration