[rdo-list] CentOS Build System

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Fri Sep 30 22:33:29 UTC 2016

In a nutshell, DLRN builds packages from git source on every commit.
It scans project git repositories and when a new commit is detected,
it builds a new package for the project.

The CentOS Build System [1] is a Koji instance (same build software as Fedora).
Builds on CBS are triggered through Koji and then tagged as
appropriate to push to different repositories.
For example, you can see a build of openstack-designate here [2].

The other main difference between DLRN and CBS is that builds that are
done through CBS are from released/tagged upstream tarballs from
tarballs.opentack.org.

[1]: https://cbs.centos.org/koji/
[2]: https://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=12644

David Moreau Simard