[rdo-list] Improving the test day experience

Petr Kovar pkovar at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 15:11:35 UTC 2016

On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 15:59:22 -0400
Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com> wrote:

> In our RDO Community Meeting (on IRC) yesterday, the topic of improving
> test day was brought up.
>
> Test day is, for the most part, about getting people to beat on the
> latest packages and find problems. However, since most of these problems
> are being found in CI, it's time to make test day also about giving
> people an opportunity to see what's coming in future releases. To that
> end, user experience is pretty important on test day.
>
> Several suggestions were made to improve the test day experience for
> folks that aren't already experts:
>

> * Test setup matrix cleanup? Remove tests that are no longer relevant.
>
> * More detailed, beginner-friendly instructions for testing. (Test day
> as product preview for potential users, or existing users who are not
> deep experts.)

I can start working on this but would probably need more input wrt the
required scope of the instructions. Like, say, besides setting up a VM with
CentOS/RHEL for running packstack, are there other steps we want to cover as
part of preparing your environment?

Who wants to share their knowledge? Go to
https://github.com/redhat-openstack/website/issues/699

Thanks,
pk