[rdo-list] RabbitMQ version in RDO

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 14:29:48 UTC 2016

So I think what's the underlying question here is how do we define
when to update non-OpenStack components that RDO carries in it's
repositories.

I think with OpenStack components it's easier, there's branches and we
build/test them throughout the lifecycle.
Once we have the proper testing in place, we can update those more frequently.

This isn't limited to RabbitMQ, there's other things like
mariadb/galera, puppet and so on.
Should we try to always have the most up-to-date version (given we are
confident enough in our testing?) ?
Should we only update on a need/request basis ? Only when there's a
known critical bug or CVE ?

We should agree on something and document that somewhere.

David Moreau Simard

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]