[rdo-list] Tempest Packaging in RDO

Chandan kumar chkumar246 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 14:23:39 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 7:50 PM, David Moreau Simard <dms at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 4:02 AM, Javier Pena <javier.pena at redhat.com> wrote:

Updates on tempest packaging:
* https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/2136/ got merged.
The above review provides python-tempest, python-tempest-tests and
openstack-tempest-all subpackage.

* In order to use tempest as a library, python-tempest subpackage is added.
* To install all the tempest plugins in one go, openstack-tempest-all
subpackage is added.
* openstack-tempest package will install only tempest library and its
executables

The current tempest packages can be pulled from this dlrn repo :
https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-master/consistent/delorean.repo

>I'd really like to remove the tempest dependency for designate-tests and horizon-tests soon, at least to unblock part of the issues (not being able to properly test designate/horizon without pulling the whole Tempest lot with it).
>
> Yes, please. I would love the review for designate-tests [1] to land
> so we can unblock designate testing and be confident to ship a tested
> and working designate for Newton.
>
> [1]: https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/1820/

Python-tempest subpackage solves the above problem.
Since it can be used a tempest library.

Thanks,

Chandan Kumar