[rdo-list] Instack-virt-setup vs TripleO QuickStart in regards of managing HA PCS/Corosync cluster via pcs CLI

Boris Derzhavets bderzhavets at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 2 05:44:19 UTC 2016

________________________________
From: Wesley Hayutin <whayutin at redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, September 2, 2016 12:42 AM
To: Boris Derzhavets
Cc: Raoul Scarazzini; Attila Darazs; rdo-list
Subject: Re: [rdo-list] Instack-virt-setup vs TripleO QuickStart in regards of managing HA PCS/Corosync cluster via pcs CLI

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 7:11 AM, Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets at hotmail.com<mailto:bderzhavets at hotmail.com>> wrote:

I belive four options are available at the moment

[boris at fedora24wks tripleo-quickstart]$ cd ./config/release/
[boris at fedora24wks release]$ ls -l
total 16
-rw-rw-r--. 1 boris boris 363 Sep  1 13:13 liberty.yml
-rw-rw-r--. 1 boris boris 248 Sep  1 13:13 master-tripleo.yml
-rw-rw-r--. 1 boris boris 562 Sep  1 13:13 master.yml
-rw-rw-r--. 1 boris boris 359 Sep  1 13:13 mitaka.yml

[boris at fedora24wks release]$ cat mitaka.yml
release: mitaka
undercloud_image_url: http://artifacts.ci.centos.org/artifacts/rdo/images/mitaka/delorean/stable/undercloud.qcow2
overcloud_image_url: http://artifacts.ci.centos.org/artifacts/rdo/images/mitaka/delorean/stable/overcloud-full.tar
ipa_image_url: http://artifacts.ci.centos.org/artifacts/rdo/images/mitaka/delorean/stable/ironic-python-agent.tar

[boris at fedora24wks release]$ cat master.yml
release: master
undercloud_image_url: http://artifacts.ci.centos.org/artifacts/rdo/images/master/delorean/stable/undercloud.qcow2
overcloud_image_url: http://artifacts.ci.centos.org/artifacts/rdo/images/master/delorean/stable/overcloud-full.tar
ipa_image_url: http://artifacts.ci.centos.org/artifacts/rdo/images/master/delorean/stable/ironic-python-agent.tar

I have no any doubts any more that   by default   images are taken from mitaka.yml

Testing "master" requires " --release master" in command line and would perform

downloads via   master.yml's   URLs   which are different from default ones

Boris, you are correct. The default release is mitaka.
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-quickstart/blob/master/quickstart.sh#L8

To get master/newton one must specify the release as you have w/ either --release or -R
./quickstart.sh -R master

The delorean repo used is here [2], obtained by looking at [3]
Note that the RDO packaging folks are starting to branch master -> newton
and we'll end up w/ two distinct repos soon.  I'm not sure how far along that is.

Is that the question or am I missing the issue here?
If I did miss the issue and if email is not helping I encourage you
to open a bug here [1].

You are not missing anything
However, I have already tested :-
   $ bash quickstart.sh --config ./ha.yml -R master $VIRTHOST
It does build undercloud and performs overcloud deploy .
Unfortunately, I have to report that status of PCS Controller's
cluster at the moment is very far for work-able. Just looks
as the work in progress.
  I am not sure how much sense has filing bug regarding this misbehavior
right now.   If  branching stable "newton" will give me same results,
 then I will open bug's record.

Thank you very much for responding.
Boris

Thanks