[rdo-list] RDO at PTG or OpenStack Summit?

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Oct 31 17:35:25 UTC 2016

As you no doubt know by now ... well, I'll just quote from another list:

<quote>
As you probably already know, the OpenStack Foundation is restructuring
its events in 2017, splitting the activities that traditionally occurred
at the Design Summit event into work sessions (at the "Project Teams
Gathering" at the start of the cycle) and open community discussions
("Forum" at the OpenStack Summit in the middle of the cycle). You can
learn more about this at http://www.openstack.org/ptg
</quote>

At the last several OpenStack Summits, the RDO community has hosted some
kind of meetup, and of course last week, we had an evening gathering
that we shared with the Ceph community, where we had 215 people in
attendance.

With OpenStack Summit splitting in two, I'm left uncertain what, if
anything, I should be planning for 2017. Will most of the RDO community
attend the PTG, or OpenStack Summit? At which one of these does it make
the most sense to try to do an RDO gathering, if at all?

I can see good arguments for each, including my personal travel plans
;-) but I would like to hear from the rest of you - if I try to do
another event like what we did Tuesday evening in Barcelona, which event
makes more sense?

Thanks.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
RDO Community Liaison