[rdo-list] Adding a vlan to the external network in tripleo

John Marks jdmarks75080 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 04:32:53 UTC 2016

I have a lab situation where there are 2 networks. One is in one DMZ and
the other is a lab isolated network. I need access to both via the external
port. I believe what I need to do is add another port to the bridge on a
vlan to the lab network. I created a new external network in Director and
assigned the vlan to it. However, I am not sure that will add it to the
existing bridge.

A bigger question around this is why does Openstack not support
modifications after installation to the north/south network?  East/west is
easy but North/South has to have a lot of modifications made to static
files (it seems) like plugin.ini and openvswitch.ini.

Any help would be appreciated.