[rdo-list] RDO Survey Results

Boris Derzhavets bderzhavets at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 28 21:03:34 UTC 2016

I do realize that Core RDO deployment tool is TripleO ( TripleO QS ) been pushed and stable on bare metal.

However, numbers in report bellow:- 38% packstack deployments vs 20% TripleO deployments

fairly prove that just for Newton && Ocata releases makes sense to have storage.pp role

for packstack.  TripleO is exciting , but maintain prod environment via update of heat stack

"overcloud"  targeting for instance :-

1. Adding one more compute node

2. Replacing Controller node in PCS Cluster

would scare too much admins.

Regression in packstack been done ahead of right time might have negative drawback and it would.

Thanks.

Boris.