[rdo-list] FYI - Updates/refactors to WeIRDO: Ansible 2.2

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Wed Nov 2 20:11:16 UTC 2016

Hi rdo-list,

Ansible 2.2 is out [1] and contains a sizeable changelog [2].

The two highlights of that release, at least as far as I'm concerned are:
- Significant performance improvements across the board [3]
- The new "include_role" task [4]

I haven't really had an incentive to update WeIRDO past Ansible 2.0.x
so far but these two are worth it.

Where I want to get that is that I'll have to do some gymnastics in
the review gate since there are inter-dependencies between the core of
WeIRDO and it's roles.
I'll try and make sure everything works and is properly tested before
approving (or force-merging) each change -- and be particularly on the
look out for issues in Jenkins jobs.

But, please, point out if you see anything weird (!) around WeIRDO
jobs this week and in the near future.

Thanks !

[1]: https://www.ansible.com/press/ansible-22-delivers-new-automation-capabilities-for-containers-networks-and-cloud
[2]: https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/devel/CHANGELOG.md#22-the-battle-of-evermore---active-development