[rdo-list] [TripleO][QuickStart] 2 fixable problems in tripleo-quickstart - CentOS7.2

Marcos Garcia mgarciam at redhat.com
Mon May 16 01:49:06 UTC 2016

Hello all

Today I've tested https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-quickstart/ on a
fresh CentOS 7.2 (hosted server, 32 GB RAM)

These are well-known problems that I've found on CentOS forums, not
precisely new, but I thought you may all be interested in knowing that
these block the installation of tripleo-quickstart at certain points (first
at the undercloud VM creation, second at the initial steps of overcloud
deploy)

Maybe you want to add a comment in the documentation?

   1. #ERROR: qemu-kvm: -chardev pty,id=charserial0: Failed to create
   chardev\n
      1. I solved it via
      https://loginroot.com/qemu-kvm-chardev-ptyidcharserial0-failed-to-create-chardev/
      2. Basically, replace the devpts line of /etc/fstab with “*devpts
      /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0*“
      3. Then do “*mount -o remount /dev/pts*“
   2. #ERROR: Node 141e60b7-19ea-43d1-b14e-fe07193cdf7d did not pass power
   credentials validation: SSH connection cannot be established: Failed to
   establish SSH connection to host 192.168.23.1 ; and DEBUG
   ironic.common.utils [req-8d62ae59-8832-4eec-82d6-c9139d7624a8 – – – – -]
   SSH connect failed: Incompatible ssh server (no acceptable macs)
   ssh_connect /usr/lib/python2.7/site
      1. I solved it via
      http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28399335/python-paramiko-incompatible-ssh-server
      2. Just edit /etc/ssh/sshd_conf and add another MAC algorithm: *MACs
      hmac-sha1*
      3. Then, restart the service with *systemctl restart sshd*

I was also very annoyed by the lack of "virsh list --all" as root - as
documented here
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-quickstart/blob/master/docs/accessing-libvirt.md.
It should be also commented beforehand, IMO :)

Other than those two problems, the installation went very smoothly. It took
much more space than I expected (like 31GB in /home space in the $VIRTHOST).

Good job guys :)

PS: I wrote the end-to-end installation on my personal blog
https://simplenfv.wordpress.com/2016/05/16/deploying-openstack-on-just-one-hosted-server/

--
Marcos Garcia
*NFV and Openstack Technical Marketing Manager*
mgarciam at redhat.com
Red Hat Canada

Every telecommunications company in the Fortune Global 500 relies on Red
Hat.

Find out why at Trusted | Red Hat <http://www.redhat.com/en/about/trusted>