[rdo-list] Archived EOL distribution not available?

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 16 01:08:06 UTC 2016

> Hi all,
>
> I have been using OpenSatck Icehouse on CentOS 6 for research purpose,
> but recently found the rdo-release-* files in EOL archive are all removed
> from the repository in fedorapeople
> (i.e., repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/EOL/openstack-
> /epel-6/).
>
> Actually, I am in critical trouble for this
> because deployment of that version on CentOS 6 is essential
> for evaluation of my system..
>
> I am not sure those files are deleted by accident
> or intentionally to prevent people to use deprecated versions.
> But, if latter is the case, I think it is not fit to the purpose of an
> archive as well..
>
> It looks there are also some other people who are confused for this:
> https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/87680/did-the-package-rdo-release-icehouse-4noarchrpm-get-renamed/
>
> Please consider to bring back those rdo-release-* files in the archive..
> Or is there any other mirror repo where I can get old versions of OpenStack
> on CentOS?
>
> Regards,
> Hyun-wook Baek

FYI, they were deleted on purpose and here's why:
When we EOL a version, we move repositories content to the EOL
directory to indicate their status [1]
Since the repository files installed by the rdo-release packages
points to the old location, not only they are useless
but they would give end-users the false idea that they still can
deploy those versions by just installing those packages.

Though I do not recommend to use EOL repositories You could also write
your own yum repository files pointing to the new locations.

Regards,
H.

[1] RDO Icehouse EOL announcement:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/rdo-list/2015-August/msg00058.html