[Rdo-list] tripleo external nertwork

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Thu May 5 23:53:25 UTC 2016

On 05/05/2016 05:04 PM, Paras pradhan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a control and a compute node deployed using vxlan.I have 1
> router 1 private and 1 external network created. Instances come up but
> they can not ping anything beyond the router.
>
> From compute and control I can ping the external gateway but not from
> the instances.
>
> Where do I start to look?
>
> Thanks
> Paras.

If you use quickstart, or comparable, the internal network is not
exposed you have a few options, including setting up a Socks proxy.

I do something like this:

sshuttle -e "ssh -F $HOME/.quickstart/ssh.config.ansible" -r undercloud
-v 10.149.2.0/24

which would need to be updated for your IP address range.  It routes all
local traffic the the subnet in the last arg.