[Rdo-list] [tripleo] How is the Undercloud image generation performed from the Jenkins job

John Trowbridge trown at redhat.com
Thu May 5 13:25:27 UTC 2016

Hi Gerard,

Image generation in RDO is done using a split out role, specifically in
these tasks [1]. It is currently fairly opinionated, but there is work
underway to make it more generic. The first step of that is switching to
the tripleo-common image building library [2].

If you wanted to build your own images with custom elements, it may be
easiest right now to use that library. There is a handy python script
that can be used [3] (It is on my todo list to make the tripleo-common
library packaging install these scripts). There is also an unmerged
patch that shows some example config files for that [4].

Let us know if you run into any issues.

[1]
https://github.com/redhat-openstack/ansible-role-tripleo-image-build/blob/master/tasks/dib_build.yml#L45-L96
[2] https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/274691