[Rdo-list] What magnum status in RDO Mitaka is supposed to be ?

Attila Fazekas afazekas at redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 15:19:17 UTC 2016

Yellow alert:

1. Magnum depends on lbaasv1
2. lbaasv2 cannot be installed together with lbaasv1
3. lbaasv1 has serious design issues (Like: having multiple listener on the same ip)
4. magnum's lbaasv2 support is not ready [1]
5. The lbaasv1->lbaasv2 `upgrade`, is not invisible to the users [2],
   and likely will causes issues with the existing bays or
   to any heat stacks which, used the old lbaasv1.

IMHO before anyone would create a long term plan with magnum,
he should wait at least for [1] completion or have a good answer what
will he do when he upgrades to lbaasv2.

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magnum/+spec/magnum-lbaasv2-support
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/289595/