[Rdo-list] FYI: Significant WeIRDO refactor

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 03:08:21 UTC 2016

Hi rdo-list,

I took the opportunity for some quiet holiday time today to work on
some refactor I've been wanting to do in WeIRDO.
I've tested things thoroughly but since we're in quite a crunch for
the Mitaka release, I thought I'd let you know in case something CI
related breaks.

I'll monitor things closer than usual until I'm certain everything
works well but no anormal failures so far.

Highlights:
- Roles have been split out of the repository in
redhat-openstack/ansible-role-*. [1]
- Roles are now retrieved back into WeIRDO with ansible-galaxy.
- Jenkins jobs have been super simplified with tox instead of doing
setup and running ansible-playbook manually (don't even need shining
panda anymore, just dead simple shell!)

Some other work towards making WeIRDO runnable on localhost (i.e, VMs
provided by Nodepool):
- ci-centos role should be fairly isolated now (stuff moved out of common)
- The logs.html file for the ci.centos log redirection is now a
jenkins builder instead of being crafted by WeIRDO

Some other work that's coming very soon:
- Un-hardcode playbooks to run on ci.centos so they can be run on
localhost more easily
- Move the jenkins jobs to rdo-infra/ci-config repository
- Docs to keep in sync with the latest changes

For details, look at the fairly recent git history [2] :)

Let me know if you have any questions !

[1]: https://github.com/redhat-openstack/weirdo/blob/master/ansible-role-requirements.yml
[2]: https://github.com/redhat-openstack/weirdo/commits/master

David Moreau Simard