[Rdo-list] What is the /etc/environment hack needed for

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 28 14:30:46 UTC 2016

On 03/23/2016 03:09 PM, Alan Pevec wrote:
> On 23.03.2016 19:07, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> https://github.com/redhat-openstack/website/commit/79b324657e0b9648e809479ea4361ac8bb740bde
>>
>> Does anyone know what the 'issue' was thats mentioned on the second
>> paragraph of the PR ?
>
> Adding Rich who was mentioned as helping in PR, but I'd guess that
> contributor had non-English locale set.
> This definitely should be fixed in Packstack, looks like there are greps
> or something assuming English...

So, yeah, this pull request was merged. However, it would be nice to
have this kind of stuff fixed in packstack itself, as Alan says. Every
time the Quickstart gets a little longer, we lose a few more people that
find all the extra stuff intimidating. However, ccapriotti makes a very
good point - we want people to be successful the first time.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org/