[Rdo-list] Reminder: The Mitaka trunk repositories have been "branched" in preparation for stable release

Boris Derzhavets bderzhavets at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 23 20:08:13 UTC 2016

From: rdo-list-bounces at redhat.com <rdo-list-bounces at redhat.com> on behalf of David Moreau Simard <dms at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:46 PM
To: rdo-list
Subject: [Rdo-list] Reminder: The Mitaka trunk repositories have been "branched" in preparation for stable release

Hi,

This is just a reminder that, as the release of Mitaka draws near and
the stable/mitaka branches have started appearing upstream, we have
also "branched" Mitaka.

http://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7 (or
http://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-master) has been Newton for around
two weeks now and is entirely untested by the RDO CI at this time.

If you were previously installing from repositories like:
- http://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7/delorean-deps.repo
- http://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7/current-passed-ci/delorean.repo

Please transition to:
>- http://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-mitaka/delorean-deps.repo
> - http://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-mitaka/delorean.repo.

At the moment delorean.repo doesn't exist in http://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-mitaka/
Mentioned file is in https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-mitaka/current-passed-ci/

Thanks.
Boris.

> Since Newton is still untested, things are bound to break and stop working.
> As such, please use the Mitaka if you'd like to test the upcoming
release of OpenStack.

Please note that the rdo-release repository RPM is still based on
Liberty as Mitaka has not yet been released upstream.
The anticipated _upstream_ release date for Mitaka is on April 7th [1].

As usual, all of our efforts are currently aimed at doing the general
availability of the RDO stable release of Mitaka as soon as possible.
Our target is to release within 1 week of the upstream stable announcement.

Let us know if you have any questions !

[1]: http://releases.openstack.org/mitaka/index.html

David Moreau Simard

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]