[Rdo-list] Openstack Liberty with DVR and VLAN overlay

Charles Short cems at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Mar 21 10:20:32 UTC 2016

An update on this -

My issue was having to manually add the external VLAN tag to the fg
interface everytime a new FIP namespace was created (FIP namespaces are
deleted when there are no more instances on a compute node with floating
ips)

I discovered that you can create a virtual bridge within a bridge with a
default VLAN tag. So when a port is dynamically created in this new
bridge it automatically get the external VLAN tag.

  sudo ovs-vsctl add-br br-vlan1041 br-ex 1041

This solves the issue. I just point the neutron config to the new
external bridge and the fg ports get created on the new virtual bridge
tagged with 1041

Charles

--
Charles Short