[Rdo-list] snat and my WRT54G router

John Alway jalway at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 23:38:34 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm still not able to get snat to work (connecting to the Internet) with my
RDO all-in-one installation, and I'm wondering if my router is the issue.

My router is a Linksys WRT54G, which does not support a "DHCP reservation"
feature.   I was able to set a fixed ip on it, because there is a range
available from 192.168.1.2 through to 192.168.1.99, also 192.168.1.150
through 192.168.1.254.

This is according to "toomanydonuts" posting here:
http://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/WRT54G-Static-IP-Question/td-p/152001

I've been using the lower address range.  Could this be the problem, or
should I look elsewhere?

In my setup I have two private subnets, and three VMs.  I can ping between
the VMs, but can't ping the Internet.   A virtual router connects the
subnets and external network.

I set up my external subnet as 192.168.1.0/28.  I use the 28 to limit the
range for my router.  The external range is the same as my actual physical
addresses on my LAN.

I should add, I'm not a network guy. I'm learning a lot of networking on
the fly here.

Thanks for any feedback!!
...John