[rdo-list] Grub timing out too quickly on default CentOS 7 Openstack images.

Jean-Philippe Methot jp.methot at planethoster.info
Thu Jun 23 16:53:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am using the default CentOS7 image on my Openstack setup. When a VM
boots, I would like to have at least a 20 seconds to choose the kernel
or boot into single user mode. To do so, I have modified the
grub_timeout value in /etc/default/grub . Then, when I run
grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg, the VM reboots right away and my
changes do not seem to be taken into account. Is there anything I am
missing here?