[rdo-list] Unanswered 'RDO' questions on ask.openstack.org

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 19:56:54 UTC 2016

On 06/21/2016 03:54 PM, Adam Young wrote:
> On 06/21/2016 03:50 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:

>>> Didn't hurt for me to look.
>>>
>>> We need to treat that like Stack overflow...or maybe move it to Stack
>>> overflow?
>> Treat it like Stack Overflow in what regard, exactly?
>>
>> ask.o.o is maintained by the OpenStack Foundation. As I remember it,
>> they looked at S.O. as a possibley place to host it, and decided that
>> they preferred to host their own.
>

> In the management of the answers (voting up etc) and the ability to say
> "this question has already been asked" and then close it.

Oh, ok.

I have been granted some powers on the site, and can close questions for
a variety of reasons. For example, I've closed about 100 EOL questions
today. And I close duplicate questions when I find them.

The voting system doesn't seem to be being used by enough people for it
to mean anything. I occasionally see one or two votes, but seldom.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
RDO Community Liaison
http://rdocommunity.org
@RDOCommunity