[rdo-list] Packstack refactor and future ideas

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Thu Jun 9 09:07:38 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 1:21 AM, Alan Pevec <apevec at redhat.com> wrote:
>> I understand this, my concern is that if we remove this feature we will leave
>> users with no tool for doing multinode in a lightweight way and this might
>> drive off users from testing/adopting RDO.
>
> We would provide equivalent tool based on singlenode Packstack, with a
> clear unsupported message.
> That's really the only honest and responsible thing we can do, given
> resources available.

Given that:

- Users require multihost for PoCs
- We can't test multihost in CI

What is the difference between creating a new "unsupported" additional
tool and marking multihost capabilities in packstack as
"unsuported/untested"?.

Current code enabling multihost in packstack is working and i have
doubts about the expected wins in time supporting multihost in
packstack versus creating a new ansible tooling and modifying
packstack to work fine in this new "externally orchestrated mode".