[rdo-list] Documenting RDO Stable and workarounds

Wesley Hayutin whayutin at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 11:38:23 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 1:48 AM, Gerard Braad <me at gbraad.nl> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 5:08 AM, Christopher Brown <cbrown2 at ocf.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > However I need to clarify where TripleO QuickStart fits into the
> > picture.
>
> I have the exact same question. Especially how this relates to the
> current documentation as performed with instack and the future of this
> method. It does feel (and is possible) to perform the bare-metal
> deployments from quickstart. But what is the expectation for this? At
> the moment there is quickstart documentation and the general TripleO
> documentation.
>
> --
>
>    Gerard Braad | http://gbraad.nl
>    [ Doing Open Source Matters ]

Couple notes..

We are closing out some work at the moment that will enable
tripleo-quickstart to deploy on bare metal.
There are two methods in play here.
1. Use a virtualized undercloud node on the bare metal undercloud physical
box.
2. Install the undercloud directly on the bare metal undercloud node.

I'll let Ronelle and Rasca update the status on that.

Secondly,
Tripleo-Quickstart should be able to produce up to date tripleo
documentation from it's ci logs.
We'll be exploring this concept in the coming weeks and would welcome any
input and help.

Thanks