[rdo-list] [tripleo] How about support of AMT for deployment?

Michele Baldessari michele at acksyn.org
Mon Jun 6 05:58:34 UTC 2016

Hi Gerard,

On Mon, Jun 06, 2016 at 11:32:34AM +0800, Gerard Braad wrote:
> Some time ago Michele Baldessari wrote about deploying OpenStack
> TripleO on a bunch of Intel NUCs. To enable this he needed to make
> some minor changes [1] to os-cloud-config and python-tripleoclient to
> add basic support for AMT (utilizing wsmancli).
>
> I have tried this out myself with a set of Lenovo M93p's and it does
> work. I believe basic support of AMT can be very helpful to allow
> tests on more COTS products, when IPMI is not available. Is this
> something that can be considered for inclusion?

As Dmitry mentioned, most of the stuff has landed already. I
haven't yet played with it, because the disk hosting my
undercloud vm died and I had no time to reinstall. Once I get
to it, I will drop you a line (unless you beat me to it ;)

cheers,
Michele
--
Michele Baldessari            <michele at acksyn.org>
C2A5 9DA3 9961 4FFB E01B  D0BC DDD4 DCCB 7515 5C6D