[rdo-list] Baremetal Tripleo stable version?

Graeme Gillies ggillies at redhat.com
Mon Jun 6 00:22:44 UTC 2016

On 06/06/16 10:10, David Moreau Simard wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 7:37 PM, Graeme Gillies <ggillies at redhat.com> wrote:
>> 1) Install EPEL on your undercloud
>
> I have little relevant TripleO experience to contribute to this thread
> but I am pretty sure we no longer require anything from EPEL.
> In the past, this may have been true, notably for Ceph but the CentOS
> storage SIG has all the dependencies self-contained.
>
> The Ceph Storage SIG repository for Ceph, under CentOS, is included in
> the "centos-release-openstack-mitaka" package or standalone as
> "centos-release-ceph-hammer".
>
> What do you need EPEL for ? Did we forget something else ?
>
> David Moreau Simard
> Senior Software Engineer | Openstack RDO
>
> dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]

I can't speak for the TripleO/RDO team but I can confirm that our
instructions specify to install epel [1], and the overcloud images do
indeed get built with epel enabled.

Looking through the packages on the overcloud the main ones I see being
sourced from epel are

http://paste.openstack.org/show/508202/

Regards,

Graeme