[rdo-list] Baremetal Tripleo stable version?

Christopher Brown cbrown2 at ocf.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 08:36:42 UTC 2016

Hi Pedro,

TL;DR Try the links below and if fails try Liberty.

We've got Mitaka working after some of the frustrations you are
experiencing. The image that gets built doesn't work. There was some
discussion as to whether a hiera update broke this - it was reverted
but the image still seems broken.

Try using these:

http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/cloud/x86_64/tripleo_images/mitaka
/cbs/

We used packages from:

https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-mitaka/

but the introspection is broken due to a race condition that hasn't
been patched in this stable repo yet (I believe).

Not given up yet but yes, Liberty tripleo worked fine for us.

There seems to be a large amount of development work going into
tripleo-quickstart which doesn't really work for production use and I'm
not sure if the developers have access to lots of baremetal for
testing. As a result I think actual production RDO doesn't get huge
amounts of testing - I'm talking baremetal HA controllers with network
isolation over bonded connections etc.

We have abandoned the tripleo docs and use the Red Hat docs as a
reference.

I have no idea how to actually run Mitaka stable. When I follow the
tripleo docs and use the "stable" delorean repo (still not sure what
that actually is) I end up with packages like:

python-neutron-8.1.2-0.20160602095303.449bcc6.el7.centos.noarch

which seems to indicate it is a nightly snapshot from git. Obviously
I'd rather not run that in production.

Its all a bit of a mess. I did try to make a start on cleaning up the
RDO docs but to be honest it meant having to learn yet another type of
documentation syntax so have reverted to internal documentation.

Cheers

--
Regards,

Christopher Brown
OpenStack Engineer
OCF plc

Tel: +44 (0)114 257 2200
Web: www.ocf.co.uk
Blog: blog.ocf.co.uk
Twitter: @ocfplc

Please note, any emails relating to an OCF Support request must always
be sent to support at ocf.co.uk for a ticket number to be generated or
existing support ticket to be updated. Should this not be done then OCF

cannot be held responsible for requests not dealt with in a timely
manner.

OCF plc is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number

4132533, VAT number GB 780 6803 14. Registered office address: OCF plc,

5 Rotunda Business Centre, Thorncliffe Park, Chapeltown, Sheffield S35
2PG.

If you have received this message in error, please notify us
immediately and remove it from your system.