[rdo-list] [Arm-dev] next steps for altarch with ceph and openstack

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Thu Jul 7 08:26:29 UTC 2016

W dniu 05.07.2016 o 18:38, George Dunlap pisze:
> On 05/07/16 16:49, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
>> W dniu 05.07.2016 o 16:28, Jim Perrin pisze:
>>> With the work that Marcin has done for openstack on aarch64, as well
>>> as the ceph builds, we need to begin working a plan for publishing
>>> these builds to a mirror. I'd like to identify the steps needed, and
>>> the ownership for those steps.
>>>
>>> Thomas please correct/update these as needed
>>
>> Added few people to Cc: from pre-RH summit threads.
>>
>>> 1. new tag in cbs for aarch64 build, with modified dist for mitaka.
>>> Will ceph need this as well?
>>
>>> 2. If we wish to re-use the centos-release-openstack-mitaka noarch,
>>> dependencies of centos-release-ceph-hammer, centos-release-qemu-ev,
>>> centos-release-storage-common, and centos-release-virt-common need
>>> to be addressed.
>>
>> It would be good to populate all those repositories. I opened bugs for
>> all tags:
>>
>> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=11084 (openstack)
>> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=11085 (ceph)
>> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=11086 (virt/kvm-common)
>
> I looked at this bug, but I couldn't tell exactly what packages you
> wanted in here, and why the existing KVM packages weren't sufficient.
> Could you just sketch out a brief summary?

You are right. I am sometimes still lost in CentOS repository structure.

What is in x86-64 virt/kvm-common repository is present in os/ one for
aarch64 already. Only qemu-kvm-ev update (2.7.1 -> 2.10.1) would be nice
to have.

So we can kill that dependency from centos-release-openstack-mitaka
package. Added note to the bug (I lack permissions to close it as notabug).