[rdo-list] Redeploying UnderCloud for baremetal triple-o deployment

Marius Cornea marius at remote-lab.net
Fri Jul 1 07:50:55 UTC 2016

Hi,

For the stable branch you need the following, as mentioned in the docs[1]

sudo curl -o /etc/yum.repos.d/delorean-liberty.repo
https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-liberty/current/delorean.repo
sudo curl -o /etc/yum.repos.d/delorean-deps-liberty.repo
http://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-liberty/delorean-deps.repo

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-docs/installation/installation.html#installing-the-undercloud

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 10:27 PM, Gunjan, Milind [CTO]
<Milind.Gunjan at sprint.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am still having issues while installing the undercloud.
>
> I have exhausted all the options and tried to do undercloud install as per
> the tripleo guidelines.
>
> http://tripleo.org/installation/installation.html
>

> But, each time I hit the same errors:
>

> Error:
> /Stage[main]/Neutron::Keystone::Auth/Keystone::Resource::Service_identity[neutron]/Keystone_user[neutron]:
> Could not evaluate: Execution of '/bin/openstack domain show --format shell
> Default' returned 1: Could not find resource Default
>
> Error:
> /Stage[main]/Heat::Keystone::Auth/Keystone::Resource::Service_identity[heat]/Keystone_user[heat]:
> Could not evaluate: Execution of '/bin/openstack domain show --format shell
> Default' returned 1: Could not find resource Default
>
> Error: Could not prefetch keystone_service provider 'openstack': Execution
> of '/bin/openstack service list --quiet --format csv --long' returned 1:
> Gateway Timeout (HTTP 504)
>
> Error: Not managing Keystone_service[glance] due to earlier Keystone API
> failures.
>
> Error:
> /Stage[main]/Glance::Keystone::Auth/Keystone::Resource::Service_identity[glance]/Keystone_service[glance::image]/ensure:
> change from absent to present failed: Not managing Keystone_service[glance]
> due to earlier Keystone API failures.
>
> Error: Could not prefetch keystone_role provider 'openstack': Execution of
> '/bin/openstack role list --quiet --format csv' returned 1: Gateway Timeout
> (HTTP 504)
>
> Error: Not managing Keystone_role[ResellerAdmin] due to earlier Keystone API
> failures.
>
> Error:
> /Stage[main]/Ceilometer::Keystone::Auth/Keystone_role[ResellerAdmin]/ensure:
> change from absent to present failed: Not managing
> Keystone_role[ResellerAdmin] due to earlier Keystone API failures.
>
> Error: Not managing Keystone_service[ironic] due to earlier Keystone API
> failures.
>
> Error:
> /Stage[main]/Ironic::Keystone::Auth/Keystone::Resource::Service_identity[ironic]/Keystone_service[ironic::baremetal]/ensure:
> change from absent to present failed: Not managing Keystone_service[ironic]
> due to earlier Keystone API failures.
>

> Please suggest.

>>> 2. created stack user and provided required permission to stack user .
>>> 3. setting hostname
>>> sudo hostnamectl set-hostname rdo-undercloud.mydomain
>>> sudo hostnamectl set-hostname --transient rdo-undercloud.mydomain
>>>
>>> [stack at rdo-undercloud etc]$ cat /etc/hosts
>>> 127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4
>>> localhost4.localdomain4
>>> ::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6
>>> localhost6.localdomain6
>>> 192.0.2.1 rdo-undercloud undercloud-rdo.mydomain
>>
>> Could you try removing the 192.0.2.1 entry from /etc/hosts and replace
>> it with the address of the public interface, e.g:
>> $ip_public_nic    rdo-undercloud rdo-undercloud.mydomain
>>
>> then rerun openstack undercloud install
>>
>>> 4. enable required repositories
>>> sudo yum -y install epel-release
>>> sudo curl -o /etc/yum.repos.d/delorean-liberty.repo
>>> https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-liberty/current/delorean.repo
>>> sudo curl -o /etc/yum.repos.d/delorean-deps-liberty.repo
>>> http://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-liberty/delorean-deps.repo
>>>
>>> 5. install repos
>>>
>>> sudo yum -y install yum-plugin-priorities
>>> sudo yum install -y python-tripleoclient
>>>
>>> 6. update undercloud.conf
>>>
>>> [stack at rdo-undercloud ~]$ cat undercloud.conf
>>> [DEFAULT]
>>> local_ip = 192.0.2.1/24
>>> undercloud_public_vip = 192.0.2.2
>>> undercloud_admin_vip = 192.0.2.3
>>> local_interface = enp6s0
>>> masquerade_network = 192.0.2.0/24
>>> dhcp_start = 192.0.2.150
>>> dhcp_end = 192.0.2.199
>>> network_cidr = 192.0.2.0/24
>>> network_gateway = 192.0.2.1
>>> discovery_iprange = 192.0.2.200,192.0.2.230
>>> discovery_runbench = false
> [...]
>>> Error: Not managing Keystone_service[heat] due to earlier Keystone API
>>> failures.
>>> Error:
>>> /Stage[main]/Heat::Keystone::Auth/Keystone::Resource::Service_identity[heat]/Keystone_service[heat::orchestration]/ensure:
>>> change from absent to present failed: Not managing Keystone_service[heat]
>>> due to earlier Keystone API failures.
>>> Error: Could not prefetch keystone_endpoint provider 'openstack':
>>> Execution of '/bin/openstack endpoint list --quiet --format csv' returned 1:
>>> Gateway Timeout (HTTP 504)
>>> Error:
>>> /Stage[main]/Swift::Keystone::Auth/Keystone::Resource::Service_identity[swift]/Keystone_user[swift]:
>>> Could not evaluate: Execution of '/bin/openstack domain show --format shell
>>> Default' returned 1: Could not find resource Default
>>> Error: Could not prefetch keystone_tenant provider 'openstack': Execution
>>> of '/bin/openstack project list --quiet --format csv --long' returned 1:
>>> Gateway Timeout (HTTP 504)
>>> Error: Not managing Keystone_tenant[service] due to earlier Keystone API
>>> failures.
>>> Error:
>>> /Stage[main]/Keystone::Roles::Admin/Keystone_tenant[service]/ensure: change
>>> from absent to present failed: Not managing Keystone_tenant[service] due to
>>> earlier Keystone API failures.
>>> Error: Not managing Keystone_tenant[admin] due to earlier Keystone API
>>> failures.
>>> Error: /Stage[main]/Keystone::Roles::Admin/Keystone_tenant[admin]/ensure:
>>> change from absent to present failed: Not managing Keystone_tenant[admin]
>>> due to earlier Keystone API failures.
>>> Error: Not managing Keystone_role[admin] due to earlier Keystone API
>>> failures.
>>> Error: /Stage[main]/Keystone::Roles::Admin/Keystone_role[admin]/ensure:
>>> change from absent to present failed: Not managing Keystone_role[admin] due
>>> to earlier Keystone API failures.
>>> Error: /Stage[main]/Keystone::Roles::Admin/Keystone_user[admin]: Could
>>> not evaluate: Execution of '/bin/openstack domain show --format shell
>>> Default' returned 1: Could not find resource Default
>>> Error: Could not prefetch keystone_domain provider 'openstack': Execution
>>> of '/bin/openstack domain list --quiet --format csv' returned 1: Gateway
>>> Timeout (HTTP 504)
>>> Notice: /Stage[main]/Heat::Db::Sync/Exec[heat-dbsync]/returns: ERROR:
>>> (pymysql.err.OperationalError) (1045, u"Access denied for user
>>> 'heat'@'rdo-undercloud' (using password: YES)")
>>> Error: /Stage[main]/Heat::Db::Sync/Exec[heat-dbsync]: Failed to call
>>> refresh: heat-manage --config-file /etc/heat/heat.conf db_sync returned 1
>>> instead of one of [0]
>>> Error: /Stage[main]/Heat::Db::Sync/Exec[heat-dbsync]: heat-manage
>>> --config-file /etc/heat/heat.conf db_sync returned 1 instead of one of [0]
>>> [2016-06-27 18:54:04,092] (os-refresh-config) [ERROR] during configure
>>> '/usr/libexec/os-refresh-config/configure.d']' returned non-zero exit status