[Rdo-list] Reminder: RDO test day tomorrow

John Trowbridge trown at redhat.com
Thu Jan 28 11:48:37 UTC 2016

On 01/27/2016 10:48 PM, Adam Young wrote:
> On 01/26/2016 03:14 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
>> A reminder that we'll be holding the RDO Mitaka 2 test day Tomorrow and
>> Thursday - January 27-28. Details, and test instructions, may be found
>> here: https://www.rdoproject.org/testday/mitaka/milestone2/
>>
>> I will be traveling tomorrow, so I request that folks be particularly
>> aware on #rdo, so that beginners and others new to RDO have the support
>> that they need when things go wrong.
>>
>> Thank you all, in advance, for the time that you're willing to invest to
>> make RDO better for everyone.
>>
> I am not certain if it is common knowledge, but if you are trying to
> install via Tripleo:
>

> I've had the best success with:
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-docs/advanced_deployment/tripleo.sh.html
>

> do each stage manually, don't run --all, as there is a race condition.
>
> Is there a way to run this script specifically for RDO manager?

I would prefer we don't use that in RDO. It is meant to be a dev/CI
tool, and it is not supported by upstream TripleO. We are actually in
the process of moving it from the openstack/tripleo-common repo to the
openstack-infra/tripleoci repo to make this more clear.

If the upstream documentation can not be followed to a successful deploy
without using tripleo.sh, then we need to fix upstream documentation.

We have www.github.com/redhat-openstack/tripleo-quickstart for the RDO
supported way to quickly stand up a virtual environment. This still
relies on upstream documentation for everything after the undercloud
install. So again, if there are flaws with the upstream docs, we need to
be submitting bugs/patches there.