[Rdo-list] First Mitaka test day summary

John Trowbridge trown at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 21:17:57 UTC 2016

On 01/27/2016 01:25 PM, Udi Kalifon wrote:
> Hello.
>
> The good news is that I succeeded to deploy :). I haven't yet tried to
> test the overcloud for any sanity, but in past test days I was never
> able to report any success - so maybe it's a sign that things are
> stabilizing.

That's awesome!

> I deployed with rdo-manager on a virtual setup according to the
> instructions in https://www.rdoproject.org/rdo-manager/. I wasn't able
> to deploy with network isolation, because I assume that my templates
> from 7.x require changes, but I haven't seen any documentation on
> what's changed. If you can point me in the right direction to get
> network isolation working for this environment I will test it
> tomorrow.
>
> Some of the problems I hit today:
>
> 1) The link to the quickstart guide from the testday page
> https://www.rdoproject.org/testday/mitaka/milestone2/ points to a very
> old github page. The correct link should be the one I already
> mentioned: https://www.rdoproject.org/rdo-manager/

I fixed that link, thanks!

> 2) The prerequisites to installing ansible are not documented. On a
> fresh CentOS 7 I had to install python-virtualenv, git, and gcc. I
> then ran "easy_install pip" and "pip install
> git+https://github.com/ansible/ansible.git@v2.0.0-0.6.rc1#egg=ansible"
> to be able to run the playbook which installs the virtual environment.

The quickstart.sh will do all of that for you, but if you wanted to
submit a patch for more detailed instructions for manually setting up
the virtualenv, that would great. For tripleo-quickstart, gerrit is
setup and follows the same gerrit workflow as everything else.